Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Today I went to the beach

I went to the beach today and I saw some wildlife. Mostly from behind a fence. There was a tour and I had to go with a guide. It wasn't that bad because I made some friends and that always makes things better. I learned a lot of things, like the bull Elephant Seal will have a harem of up to 180 females and will lose a kilo in the three months that they spend on land mating and fighting other seals. Here are a couple pictures that I was able to take of the animals.

Saw some guanacos
Saw a grey fox
Some elephant seals
An armadillo that came right up and tried to eat from the people. I wanted to put a leash on him and take him home and name him.
and a penguin finally. I only had to travel a couple days by bus and spend a lot of money to get to see one up close.

I guess in some of the other colonies you can get up close to the penguins. As you walk through the colony they will brush pass you as they waddle.

A good question here is how does the penguin get back down the hill after it has made it up?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Will you bring me home a pet armadillo, please?