Saturday, February 16, 2008

Made it back with no problems

I have made it through Torres del Paine. It was three nights and four days of kilometers of walking, wind that felt like it came from the hand of God, heat, rain that came at me sideways, all mixed with amazing vistas that when all was done was absoultly worth it. Here are a few of the pictures that I took during the four days. I took a lot more, but these are my favorite.


This is from the walk into the park. It took an entire day, and the whole time the cuernos, with their three different colors, were in full view.
This is from the second day. I walked to see Glacier Grey and on the way back there were two parrots. I heard that the park has over 150 species of birds. The entire trip condors were always over head. Kind of made me nervous.
This is from the second day as well. This is up a valley that at the mirador the cuernos could be seen with their glaciers. The glaciers were always making sounds, a little bit like thunder.
This is the third and probably hardest day. I think that I took the least amount of photos on this day. This is another picture of the cuernos. I like this one because all of the colors can be seen.
These are the stars. I took this picture on my last day. I woke up at about five thirty in the morning, scrambled up huge pieces of granite rocks in the dark, and wore myself out before the day even started just to get a chance to take this picture. The towers are very impressive, towering above the entire park and a lake at the base. Here the wind was the worst. It knocked me over more than once. And sitting and waiting for the sun to rise was very cold as well.

2 comments:

UG said...

Can you give a littel more detail were your at, I've been trying to find these places with Google, earth..

Jane Hards Photography said...

Impressive travel photos.Like to see more.

Love the penguin, very cute.

j.