Saturday, March 29, 2008

And now for the second loop

After having to be in Puno for longer than we wanted to, Kathleen and I went to see some ruins outside of Puno called Sillustani. It was just a burial site that was pre Inca but still had some Inca structures. All of the round little things are the tombs. I really liked this tour because our guide was another person who spoke Quechua.I was really surprised when she showed that the Inca could describe Pi and the golden ration using the southern cross constellation and other images that are everywhere in their drawings and sculptures.

I also liked the site because it was right on a big lake. It has to do with the religion and the whole aspect of purification by water. All of it was just impressive.



After the tombs we went to visit a farm house that was on the way to Puno. It was really cool to actually see how the people lived. It was all adobe and they offered us food. There were potatoes, cheese and they actually gave us clay to eat. It did not that much of a taste, but I would suggest trying it if you are ever out that way. They also let us into their house to see how they actually lived. It was just so different how they did not need any of the things that we cannot go without. I was really impressed by the whole experience.



So Kathleen has gone home and I am now on my own again. More or less; I met up with Jennica yesterday and I am sleeping at a house of a family that has Spanish classes. I am not really sure what is going on, but I can sleep and get fed every meal for about the same price that I pay for a hostel in the center of Cusco. And I get to take the bus to the house which is about 70 centimos, which equals 40 cents more or less. And I do not get feed at any hostal in the center of town. I am on my way to Bolivia so I am not sure how the computer situation is going to be, but I doubt that the computers will be that useful. So I don't know when I will post again. But I am going to have great pictures when I get back.

No comments: